Big brother seems to suit Kirby well. He is very interested in what Susanna Rose is doing and where she is. When she cries, he usually beats me to her so he can "hand her a hug" and "hand her a kiss". Now don't get me wrong, he has a little jealousy too always wanting "momma holnd nyou" when I'm feeding her, which thankfully is around the clock these days...love that she is hungry!! He has tried to push her out of my arms before but all-in-all, he is doing fabulously with her.
I see the two of them together, and I can't help but think of my brother and me. My prayers are that Kirby will fill the brotherly role to Susanna Rose just like my brother did/does. I hope someday Susanna Rose has in Kirby someone she picks up the phone to call for advice or just a good laugh; someone she looks up to and wants to be like; and someone she enjoys being with. And I hope she is really fast, tough, and clever so she can defend herself in all the years until they get to that point because she'll probably be tooted on, wrestled with, teased, and struck with a baseball, tennis ball, and golf ball. But all that is worth it in the end. May he look after and defend her and may he respect her and help her become a strong independent and caring woman. May he share his easter or halloween candy with her if she gobbles all hers up. May he include her in games and drive her around in his car, and may help her grow and spread her wings to fly.
May she be as blessed with her brother as I am with mine. It is a tall order, but I feel confident my boy can and will do it.

MSTH:
ReplyDeleteAll the tings that you wish for Kirby and Susanna Rose will be reality because of the way they will be raised. Hopefully, she will have a male role model in Kirby that she can use to measure other males at a later point in life.
Dad/Deda