The Hollisters - Keith, Mary, and Kirby

The Hollisters - Keith, Mary, and Kirby

Monday, September 20, 2010

God Bless Christian!

Meet Michael Christian Trailov, Jr.  He was the star of the show this weekend!  Couldn't you just eat him up?
 I hopped in the car after work on Friday afternoon and headed east to Charlotte.  My new little nephew (sweet picture above) was being baptised on Saturday. I wouldn't miss it for the world!  What a great weekend full of family, good times, good food and the pitter patter of lots of little feet!  I always love coming to visit my neices (and now nephew), but now that I'm pregnant, I think I enjoyed it even more.  I was lucky enough to even take a little nap with Christian while he was resting so warmly and peacfully on my chest.  Oh my goodness, we have so much to look forward to in a few months. 
The Trailov Family
I was especially thankful that Keith's schedule at Wake Forest allowed him to travel to Charlotte for the special ocasion on Saturday, and we even enjoyed a long Sunday afternoon together.  It was nice after missing him terribly for a week.  When he came to bed at the wee hours Sunday AM after he and my brother solved all the world's problems together, he and I stayed up and laughed and laughed for about an hour.  I miss you, Keith, and I can't wait to see you this weekend.  XOXOXO.  I must admit that on Sunday as I drove away, I felt like I was 19 again driving back to SIU leaving you back home.  Wow, that brought back memories.  I'm glad that is behind us and this is just temporary!  See you in 5 days, K.

Thank you, Michael and Jacque, for such a beautiful weekend and sharing your family with us.  We love you all and are already look forward to our next visit.  Every time I visit I am in awe of you two and the parenting team you are.  You are raising such angels, and I will always look to you both for parenting advise when little Baby Hollister arrives cause I so admire the job you are doing.  Lots of love.

Oh yeah, a BIG thank you for the XL bag of maternity clothes, Jacque!!  I am so very greatful!  I'm already wearing one of your dresses right now.

A prayer for Christian:
"Blessings be with you today
And every day to come …

Through caring acts
May your life be lit with love

Through kindness
May contentment be your reward

With gentleness
May you journey well

With truth and beauty
May you follow a path

That wherever you go
Whatever you do
Says grace and joy
Abides with you!"
~Susan Helene Kramer

3 comments:

  1. Susanne,

    Thank you for the kind words. We love having you all here with us and cannot wait for two more little feet to be running around our house. He / she better be fast because Emilia is getting quicker by the day.

    By the way, did you see the stock market today? It hit a 4 month high. Keith and I implemented a plan at 2:30 AM Sunday and it already has taken to form. Well done Mr. Hollister...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, we love love love when you all are here! i am truly blessed with incredible in-laws. sorry the maternity clothes aren't that great, but you will make them look so cute. ANNNDDDD- never never take notes from our (well, my) parenting skillzz. i know there has to be a handbook about controlling a 19 month old some where!!!

    ReplyDelete