The Hollisters - Keith, Mary, and Kirby

The Hollisters - Keith, Mary, and Kirby

Thursday, January 30, 2014

So much ground to cover

I feel like there is so much going on in our house these days. So many changes. So much learned. So much to keep you updated on. So here goes a running tally of all I can think of. 

Susanna Rose is pulling up on everything. She started crawling just about 2 weeks ago and immediately began to pull up and discovered the push toys. 


No napping. That's right folks. Kirby is done with it. In fact he wants nothing to do with it. I can maybe get him in his room to be quiet and have some rest time, but I am so tired fighting him over it that we have quiet time together in my bed or on the couch "watching something" of course. I'm telling ya, I love and hate that tv. He tells me it is bright out and not dark so he can't sleep. This is despite all the eye-rubbing and constantly telling me he is tired. 

Sunannie Rosie. This is perhaps my favorite nickname for Susanna Rose. This is what Kirby calls her, and I don't think I'll be able to call her anything but ever again. 

At mass today Kirby told me he had a baby in his belly. Hmmmmmmm.  Not really sure how to handle that one. 

Susanna rose now has eight teeth. They just keep popping on through. Toothy grin...so cute. 

I believe that Kirby has learned the art of manipulation. We were at the y a few days earlier, and after several days of not coming out of the jungle gym when I called him, I was reading him he riot act before we went in. I was giving him my best, when he just started (rudely) walking away from me. Upon trying to call him back to me, he turned to me and hollered across the lobby, "I love you, mommy...you're so pretty!"  I'm pretty sure everyone in the lobby knew he had my number. 

I think kirby would tather rip out his left eye than intentionally share something with Sunannie Rosie. A few nights back, we were havig veggie soup. Kirby Was havin a fit over me taking his soup, which of course he was not touching, to give to SR. When we asked if he was going to eat it, he gave a resounding YEeeeeSSS and reluctantly took a bite. He literally gagged it down. It was next to impossible not to laugh out loud. 

Little miss is totally into finger foods. She will still eat from a spoon, but girlfriend wants to feed herself and wants to feed herself a LOT!!!  

I feel like I'm already playing referree to these kids. Already???  "Be gentle!  Don't take hat from her!  Susanna Rose, that is Kirby's!"  From sun up to sun down. And Kirby will be beyond disappointed this am when he comes down to find hat she has discovered his train table. 


But despite all the frustrating skirmishes and tears (even me from sometimes...hahah), I get to end my day with this when I ask Kirby to tell his sister good night, "Goodnight. Mwwwahhhhh. I love you baby guuuurl!"  Love!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Things are about to get very interesting in the Hollister Household. Hopefully we'll get to witness a few fireworks this weekend. Hoping the weather holds out! Just can't wait to see that Doodlebug and Sunannie Rosie.

    ReplyDelete