The Hollisters - Keith, Mary, and Kirby

The Hollisters - Keith, Mary, and Kirby

Friday, October 25, 2013

A very Merry Unbirthday

Wow.  Six months, already?  A very merry UNbirthday, to you, my Susanna Rose.

I've said it to a number of people, but I feel like with Kirby, I sat around (literally with nothing to do due to being new to town) and watched his every move and read the books and look for that next milestone.  Everything seemed to go by quickly with Kirby, but wow, with you, Susanna Rose, it is in warp speed.  I'm busy with a pre-schooler, a group of friends that I have met in the past 2 years, and two part-time jobs, and now another little side-venture that has just become available, and throw an infant into the mix.  Whoa.  Here are all the wonderful (and some not so wonderful) things you are doing these days.

  • You love your big brother.  He can make you laugh like no one else.  He is to you what Quillen was to him.  
  • Your brother loves you.  He wants to get you out of your crib at all chances, and he is so unaware of how aggressive he is when expressing his love for you.  "Who I hear...Sunnnana Wose.  She's awake.  I got to get her."  
  • You are sleeping on average 10 hours a night.   Sometimes you go back to sleep after your first feeding and sometimes you and I stay awake and play by ourselves until ole' sleepy head gets up.  You take a small catnap in the morning (you refuse to sleep at the Y), and then you take a monster nap when Kirby naps (or attempts to nap...Ay-iii-iii).  I don't know how I've managed that, but I'll take it!!
  • You are starting to eat solid foods.  It was a SLOOOOOW go with you at first, but you have finally taken to rice cereal, butternut and acorn squashes, and now oat cereal too.  Sometimes you want nothing to do with it, and sometimes you down 2 bowls.  You are quite the Goldilocks.  Too cold, not gonna do it.  It has to be just right for you, Missy.
  • You LOVE to be held.  No, no, you LOVE LOVE LOVE to be held.
  • You are starting to push up on your arms and support your weight on your hands, and sometimes I'll catch you popping your tush in the air.  Crawling sometime soon?  Who knows.  It might be awhile.  See the above.  How will you ever learn to crawl if I hold you all the time?
  • You are a big fan of your exersaucer and especially of your jumper.  You love to jump in that thing.
  • When you are tired, you are a bear.  When it is time to go to sleep, it is time for your to go to sleep.  
  • You love to be outside.  It seems to always cheer you up.  And you love to get attention.  
  • You are not a big fan of the carseat.  
  • You are starting to babble more.  Just yesterday, you woke up and were saying DADADADA.  
  • You weighed in at 15lbs 9oz and 25.5in at your six month appointment.
  • You are often a tough crowd.  It takes some serious work to get you to laugh, but it is the cutest little laugh when you do.
  • We joke that you are going to talk like Marge Simpson with a little raspy voice, or at least it sounds like that now.  
  • Finally after three months of being able to see teeth trying to break through, we have a little toofer.  Can't see it, but I can feel it.  
  • Your favorite toys are your CD player from Memaw, your rattle, and the little pink dollie we inherited from Jen Baker.  
  • You love your paci.  
  • We love you, we love you, we love you, sweet girl!!!





2 comments:

  1. MSTH:

    It has been only two months since we last saw Susanna Rose, and she continues to grow and mature. Alll her new activities reflect that growing maturity.

    This was a wonderful post that Susanne Rose will enjoy reading some day. I hope to be there when she is able to read, and I can witness the gleam in her eyes reading about her mother's love for her as well as all her activities.

    Mom and I can hardly wait to see y'all again.

    Dad/Deda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been two LOOOOONNNNGGG months since we've seen her and I can't wait to see her again. Miss you so much! And, Kirby, you too!!!
    Loved reading about our 6 month old sweet Susanna Rose!
    Hugs and kisses!
    MomMimi

    ReplyDelete